MoGEA Testing Information
Registration for MoGEA testing - All tests given in Hill Hall 309 between 8:00 am and 3:30 pm
Test Dates - Spring 2014
- Examinees must register online and select a test center location.
- Examinees may take the test in its entirety or in individual sections.
- Payment is a two-step process.
- First, Pearson, the testing company, charges $49 to take the entire test or $25 per section. Examinees pay Pearson when they register online.
- Second, the Counseling and Testing Center charges a sitting fee of $25 for the entire test or $10 per section. This sitting fee must be paid at the Counseling and Testing Center in Carrington Hall, room 311. Sitting fees can be paid with cash or a money order only. Examinees will receive an admission ticket with exam information that serves as proof of payment.
- Both fees must be paid prior to testing.
If you miss your test date and must register again:
If you miss your test date and must register again, contact customer service at 413-256-7015, select option 9.
Customer service will advise you how to proceed.
What to Bring to the Exam:
- You must bring proper identification with you to the test center. Your identification must be a current, government-issued identification printed in English, in the name in which you registered, bearing your photograph and signature. Copies will not be accepted. Acceptable forms of government-issued identification include photo-bearing driver's licenses and passports. The Department of Motor Vehicles provides acceptable photo-bearing identification cards for individuals who do not have a driver's license. Student ID not allowed.
What not to Bring to the Exam:
- A calculator - NOTE: an on-screen 4-function calculator and a formulas page are provided for the Mathematics subtest
- Tobacco products of any kind
- Visitors (for example, relatives, children, and friends)
- Weapons of any kind
- Personal items, such as watches, wallets, and purses, will be stored in a designated area
- The following items, considered prohibited aids, will also be stored in a designated area:
- Electronic communication devices, visual or audio recording or listening devices, or any device with an on/off option, including, but not limited to, MP3 players, PDAs, pagers, computers, CDs, removable storage devices, calculator watches, clocks or watches with alarms, spellcheckers, etc.
- Unauthorized calculators and calculator manuals
- Handwritten or printed materials, such as dictionaries, notebooks, scratch paper, textbooks, etc.
- Packages and bags of any kind, such a backpacks, briefcases, etc.
- Hats or headwear, except those worn for religious or medical purposes
- Food and drink, including chewing gum
- Unauthorized aids, such as slide rules, rulers, translation aids, highlighters, etc.
- Unauthorized medical devices, such as inhalers, Epinephrine injections, etc., unless prior approval has been obtained
- MoGEA passing scores are set by the Missouri State Board of Education; examinees must pass all five subtests
- Passing scores are English 186, Writing 167, Math 183, Science 183 and Social Studies 183
- Individual educational institutions may establish their own passing scores, which could be higher than those set by the Missouri State Board of Education. Examinees are encouraged to contact their respective institution to determine scores needed for passing
For more information, visit: http://www.mo.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=MOIBT_TheDayOfTheTest.html&t=MO001